First Dental Appointment
A child’s first dental visit is an important step towards good health!
This visit should happen between 6 and 12 months.
There are many benefits of starting routine dental visits at this age:
1. Familiarity – children become familiar with what happens in a dental visit such as exam, cleaning, and fluoride treatment.
2. Build Trust – starting early helps build trust between child and dentist as the child learns what to expect from a dental visit.
3. Prevention – prevention is key to a healthy mouth and happy child! The dentist can examine child’s mouth for decay, proper development, and any abnormalities.
4. Oral Hygiene – establishing good oral hygiene habits early will provide a strong foundation for a growing child.
5. Parental Education – Parents will be instructed in the following:
- Proper oral hygiene technique
- Diet and oral habits that positively and negatively effect tooth development
- Fluoride use to help strengthen primary teeth
At Alligator Dental our goal is to assist parents establish a foundation for their child’s healthy mouth – and to make going to the dentist A LOT MORE FUN!